Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow so to kick off this lovely holiday weekend, I went to see Top Gun. The movie was being shown on the flight deck of the USS Intrepid. I have to say that was one of the coolest things I have done in the city so far, and the best part.... it was free!! With the sunseting and the New York skyline in the back I was all set to watch some Navy ships and fighter piolts! On saturday I went with my friend and her parents. We walked all down town lower Manhattan. We went to the 9/11 museum. It was so sad to see all of the missing flyers that people had put up to search for there loved ones. I did not get to see the towers in person before they came down but the video they show the towers and you can see how it was like its own city within the city. It makes it even sadder. I was impacted when it happened but I was younger and never really thought about how it affected each individual person. I had only thought about how it affected us as a country. Along our walk I also saw trinity church where Alexandar Hamilton is buried and I was able to see were George Washington was inogerated. That evening we went to a great resturant named Coniack. I had the best steak. Ofcourse the weekend would not be complete without a trip to Bull McCabes. I love hanging out there. The next day I just rested and took it easy. On monday to close out the weekend I actually got some work done and turned in some resumes. I met up with a friend and we went to boarders and dinner.

Earlier in the week I was able to see the ships come up the river for fleet week. It actually looked like the game battleship with all the different ships surrounding the main aircraft carrier. It was fantastic to see.There were so many officers in the city for this holiday you could not turn around without triping over one. I hope all of you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment