Monday, February 22, 2010

Lady Liberty


Well I have to say that seeing the Statue of Liberty is very patriotic. I can just imagine how all the people who immigrated here through Ellis Island felt as they passed her to get to America. I have to say that it was much easier to become an American in that time though. Now it is almost impossible. I would like to think that lady liberty was a beacon of their hope to find the American Dream. The American Dream has become this idea we all strive for but rarely are able to attain. I have been lucky in the since that I have gained a college education, and that I am working on a masters degree. That should help me move up in the world. Whether it will or not is going to be interesting. I will probably leave so broke that I will not be moving on up to middle class.

This New York experience is something I would never have passed up. It has been everything I had always imagined and seen on TV. I still can not get over the architecture and the history. I love being able to go to a park and forget that you are in a city of 8 million people. I love sitting on a park bench and watching all the people go by. People playing fetch with their dogs (yes people still have those here), pushing there children in a stroller, eating the street vendor food, all while listening to a person play a saxophone somewhere in the park.

You can get any type of food you want almost any time you want it. Each part of the city is unique and I do have to admit I have become a bit of a home body and stay in my neighborhood more then I explore other parts of the city.

Next week I plan on walking the Brooklyn Bridge if the weather is nice. Until then farewell and best wishes from New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment