Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who I am

Wow you know there is nothing like being completely on your own to make you realize who you really are. Of course I have been on my own before, when I went to Missouri, Las Vegas, and when I had my own apartment. None of those times were me really being on my own though. I lived in dorms and then even with my own apartment I had my family there. Here I am truely on my own. I have realized that some of my views were not always expressed or I didn't realize I believed them until now. For some people back home I am not called the Party Pod, because I have been snatched by aliens and turned into a pod person. I love my family very much but I think that this time is for me to learn some life lessons and to understand what my true oppions are.

So far I have learned that I am a very strong independent women. I am adventerous and I love being in a city where you can go somewhere new everyday. I have learned that I am still not the social butterfly I wish I could be. Making new friends has always been hard for me. I also am so bad about connecting with people. Tons of guys have been asking for my phone number but I rarely give it out. I think that is good common sense but also I am blocking myself in. I actually like having a beer and I love playing darts.

All of moral values are still the same. I am responsible, giving and happy. I have found that I smile a bit more everyday. Sometimes it is hard being compeltly on your own, especially in a city this size. You can be surrounded by people on the sidewalk, in a building or on the subway and still feel completly alone. The things that I wanted in life and the things I knew about life have completly changed. All I want is to enjoy my life and see what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment