Wednesday, January 6, 2010

City Life


Well I have to say that I absolutely love the city. I find it hard to keep up with the people walking down the street they seem to be hurrying everywhere. Traffic lights do not mean a thing to the pedestrians of NYC. They will walk across the road whenever it is semi clear and the taxi's will not be stopping for anyone, so I have also seen a number of people run out of the way and stand in the middle of the road. I guess if you waited for every crosswalk to turn green it might take you longer to get where you are going but for me I value my safety!!!

I am still getting use to all the noise as well, traffic horns, sirens, and people in general. The apartment is very very old and squeaky and has the steam pipes that run through it. The four flights of stairs are going to take a bit getting use to and they make me a bit dizzy.

I took a walk around the neighborhood this evening and I feel pretty safe. There were lots of people out all over the place. I want to look around a bit more before I go out later around 9:30 which will be when my classes get out.

Tomorrow is my first day watching the twins for a few hours and then I think I might brave the subway and go to home depot. Kmart was so expensive!!!

Love always,

No comments:

Post a Comment