Thursday, January 14, 2010

History and Diversity



I spent my afternoon walking through the west village and went all the way to the Hudson River. I absolutely love being able to walk through history. Most of the old buildings are actually engraved with the name of what it was originally, for example school or garage. Then you can also find many plaques that state why the building is significant. Also just looking at the different architecture you can see the history and the age of the city.

I am still so excited to continue to explore all that the city has to offer. I got my first glimpse of the Statue of Liberty today. I was standing out on the pier on the Hudson and I could see all of the fairies crossing back and forth, and lady liberty standing tall. I also went to Central park and Time Square this week. Central Park is just amazing, I loved the old stairway to the angel fountain. It looked like it was taken straight from Italy and planted in the middle of Central Park. Time Square was so amazing. I cannot believe that millions of people fit in that area. It is actually pretty small.

Tomorrow I am venturing on another subway ride up to the Museum of Modern Art. I have been told that they have a wonderful Tim Burton exhibit going on. The subway is still a bit confusing but man I love the way the stops name is tiled on to the wall and how nice that makes the subway area look. I could not believe how fast the trains go and all the different people that you see. The lights reflecting in the windows as you pass is just such a sight.

I am seriously loving every minute here in the city.

Take Care,

No comments:

Post a Comment